Thursday, November 11, 2010

When Average Athletes Get Seriously Into It


The DBM Truckers, perhaps better known as the Paul Millsaps got a big victory yesterday with a 20-18 triumph over the Ben-Gays.



The fan who attended said it was most likely in his top ten most exciting BYU Intermural Flag Football games that he has seen since the surgery. Those who didnt attend the game missed out on a pure display of teamwork, comradery, and out of shape white boys with whacked out hormone levels acting like a bunch of starving hyenias who just caught glimpse of the worlds last gazelle.

There are occasions when I lie in my bed at night following a insignificant sporting event such as a ward basketball game, a badminton match, or a particularly rousing episode of heads up seven up and I somewhat question my humanity. Sure kicking the kid who touched my thumb in heads up seven up in the shin so I could identify him by his bruise later may have seemed like a good idea in the moment but when the thrill of competition fades and I realize that I just kicked a handicapped kid in the leg and felt good about it... well lets just say hindsight is 20/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment